WOODS SPRING CREEK
WOODS SPRING CREEK. Woods Spring Creek rises four miles south of Hardin in central Liberty County (at 30°06' N, 94°44' W). The creek follows a westerly course for 2½ miles to its mouth on Palmer Bayou, 2½ miles northeast of Liberty (at 30°06' N, 94°46' W). The Spanish, who established a small outpost on the south bank of the creek during the 1750s, called it Atascosito Spring. The site of the Spanish position is denoted by Texas Centennial (1936) and Liberty Bicentennial (1976) markers. Clear springwater feeds the creek.
Miriam Partlow, Liberty, Liberty County, and the Atascosito District (Austin: Pemberton, 1974).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."WOODS SPRING CREEK," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/rpw02), accessed August 29, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.