STEPHENSON'S FERRY. Stephenson's Ferry was on the Sulphur River between Bowie and Cass counties, just east of the boundary between Cass and Morris counties. The ferry was established by Joseph A. Stephenson about 1838 and remained in operation until about 1910. In 1936 a monument was erected there by the Texas Centennial Commission.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."STEPHENSON'S FERRY," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/rts01), accessed February 01, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.