NUESTRA SENORA DEL PILAR DE NACOGDOCHES
NUESTRA SEÑORA DEL PILAR DE NACOGDOCHES. Nuestra Señora del Pilar de Nacogdoches was the name bestowed upon the community of Nacogdoches at the time of the first Spanish settlement there in 1716. The name was used throughout the Spanish period but was discontinued with the establishment of Mexican independence in 1821.
Bexar Archives, Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, University of Texas at Austin. Nacogdoches Archives, Steen Library, Stephen F. Austin State University; Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, University of Texas at Austin; Texas State Archives, Austin.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Robert Bruce Blake, "NUESTRA SENORA DEL PILAR DE NACOGDOCHES," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/uen04), accessed December 08, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.