MILAM MUNICIPALITY. The municipality of Milam was officially named by the Consultation of 1835 to replace the municipality of Viesca, which is assumed to have had identical boundaries with the Sterling C. Robertson colony. Robertson and George Childress represented the municipality of Milam at the Convention of 1836 at Washington-on-the-Brazos. With the passage of laws by the First Congress of the republic organizing county governments on December 19 and 20, 1836, the municipality became Milam County.
Katherine Bradford Henderson, The Early History of Milam County (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1924). WPA Texas Historical Records Survey, Inventory of the County Archives of Texas (MS, Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, University of Texas at Austin).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."MILAM MUNICIPALITY," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/usm01), accessed June 17, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.