ROCKWELL FUND. The Rockwell Fund was established as a charitable trust in 1931 by James M. Rockwell. It was incorporated in Houston in 1949 to provide financial support for charitable, religious, civic, and medical activities. A second foundation, Rockwell Brothers Endowment, was incorporated in 1960 and later merged with the Rockwell Fund. At the end of 1992 assets of the Rockwell Fund were over $65 million with an annual income of over $3 million; 178 grants were made in the amount of $2,730,250. Major contributions were made to arts and culture, education, community improvement, health and human services, religion, and other charitable causes. No grants are given to individuals, and preference is given to Houston-area organizations. The Rockwell Fund is not to be confused with Rockwell Trust of Dallas or Rockwell International Cooperation Trust of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Art Leatherwood, "ROCKWELL FUND," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/vrr03), accessed December 22, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.