SCURLOCK FOUNDATION. The Scurlock Foundation was chartered in April 1954 by Jack Blanton, a Houston oil executive who became president of Scurlock Oil Company in 1958. His wife was Laura Lee Scurlock. The foundation was established to support the arts and culture, education, health and human services, medical research, animal protection, recreation, religion, and other charitable enterprises. In 1992 the foundation reported assets of over $9 million and an income of over $750,000; 122 grants were made for a total of $604,720, mostly to art museums and art associations. The foundation office was in Houston, and L. L. Blanton served as president.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Art Leatherwood, "SCURLOCK FOUNDATION," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/vrsbq), accessed December 21, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.