TEXAS GEOGRAPHIC SOCIETY
TEXAS GEOGRAPHIC SOCIETY. The Texas Geographic Society was organized in Dallas on May 24, 1933, with an initial membership of 300. Purposing to interpret geography in popular terms, the society arranged for monthly lectures and in 1937 began publication of the Texas Geographic Magazine. Among the society's presidents were Robert T. Hill, Victor H. Schoffelmayer, James M. Martin, Edwin J. Foscue, W. E. Wrather, and Raymond W. Fry. The society disbanded in 1950 due to lack of financial support. The last issue of the Texas Geographic Magazine was published in 1948.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Edwin J. Foscue, "TEXAS GEOGRAPHIC SOCIETY," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/vut04), accessed October 02, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.