TRAIL DRIVERS ASSOCIATION
TRAIL DRIVERS ASSOCIATION. The Trail Drivers Association was organized in 1915 under the leadership of George W. Saunders to perpetuate the memory of the old trail drivers. First officers of the association were John Rufus Blocker, president; George W. Saunders, vice president; Luther Lawhon, secretary; and R. B. Pumphrey, treasurer. In 1994 membership was about 400, mostly descendants of the old drivers. Headquarters of the association are at San Antonio, where an annual celebration is usually held at Trail Drivers Hall in Brackenridge Park. In 1994 the president was Burrell Gerhardt.
J. Marvin Hunter, Trail Drivers of Texas (2 vols., San Antonio: Jackson Printing, 1920, 1923; 4th ed., Austin: University of Texas Press, 1985).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."TRAIL DRIVERS ASSOCIATION," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/vwt02), accessed November 27, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.