CLIFTON LUTHERAN SUNSET HOME
CLIFTON LUTHERAN SUNSET HOME. Clifton Lutheran Sunset Home, a nonprofit residence for the elderly and infirm, originated in 1954 when seventeen Evangelical Lutheran churches took over the facilities of Clifton Junior College in Clifton, after this college merged with Texas Lutheran College in Seguin. In 1960 the Lutheran Sunset Home Corporation expanded to include several American Lutheran churches. The home is administered by a board of nine chosen by the corporation. It has provided clinical facilities to the Texas Department of Mental Health and Mental Retardation and is certified by the Division of Service and Mission of the American Lutheran Church and by the Southern District of the Texas American Lutheran Church. The Clifton Lutheran Sunset Home maintained the Clifton Junior College Museum from 1954 until 1957, when the Bosque Memorial Museum Corporation was founded.
Bosque County History Book Committee, Bosque County, Land and People (Dallas: Curtis Media, 1985). Vertical Files, Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, University of Texas at Austin.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Karen Yancy, "CLIFTON LUTHERAN SUNSET HOME," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/ync03), accessed March 08, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.