TEXAS STATE HISTORICAL ASSOCIATIONOFFICE COORDINATOR/EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
|Reports to:||Chief Executive Officer||Classification:||Non-Exempt|
|Department:||General & Administrative||Date:||June 1, 2016|
The Office Coordinator/Executive Assistant performs a variety of administrative duties for several departments under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer.
Preferred candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university (preferred degree in English and/or History); or minimum two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite and various web browsers.
- Providing polite and professional front desk presence, directing incoming phone calls to appropriate department or person.
- Main phone contact for all incoming inquiries and requests for information.
- Process book, merchandise, registration and membership requests.
- Process orders, track fulfillment and inventory documentation for 2 online store fronts.
- Provides assistance to the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Historian, Chief Operations Officer, Director of Development and Director of Accounting/HR/Admin with a variety of tasks as needed including but not limited to mailing, writing, and proof reading and tracking.
- Serves as an internal resource to all departments on projects assigned and administered.
- Maintains and updates Microsoft Office Outlook calendars.
- Performs administrative duties associated with scheduling and coordinating meetings and events.
- Coordinate facility needs contacting appropriate persons to resolve facility problems such as HVAC, restroom, phone system, staff IT issues, and other matters as they arise.
- Sorts incoming mail for distribution to appropriate departments or persons. Processes outgoing mail, book orders, and other as needed.
- Completes other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Must have prior front office experience.
- Provides the highest level of customer service.
- Prior experience working retail or sales a plus.
- Willing to work with and/or learn several databases.
- Great attention to detail.
- PC experience using word processing, email and internet applications.
- Excellent written, interpersonal and communication skills.
Ability to work in a team environment, meet deadlines and work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Benefits include medical, dental, 401(k), vacation and sick leave.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
This is a full time, exempt position; hours are between 8:00 AM-5:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Prospective candidates should email cover letter and resume to Renona Palone at Renona.Palone@tshaonline.org.