Chapter of the Year
Walter Prescott Webb Historical Society
Chapter of the Year Award
Deadline: December 1st
Each year the Walter Prescott Webb Historical Society, the college affiliate of the Texas State Historical Association, will honor chapters who show outstanding commitment and outreach within their communities with the Chapter of the Year Awards.
Two awards will be presented each year. The first, College Chapter of the Year, will be presented to the outstanding chatper from a Junior College or Community College. The second, University Chapter of the Year, will be presented to the outstanding chapter from a University.
In order to be considered for the award, chapters must submit a chapter report by December 1st of each year, based on the calendar year of January 1 - December 31. Reports will be evaluated based on the following:
- Was the chapter represented at the spring meeting?
- Was the chapter represented at the fall meeting?
- Did the chapter have entries in the Caldwell Competition?
- What school activities did the chapter participate in during the calendar year?
- What community activities did the chapter participate in during the calendar year?
- What projects has the chapter participated in or completed within the calendar year?
Chapter Reports should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the December 1st deadline and will be published in the forthcoming issue of Touchstone, published in March each year.
Each chapter awarded will be presented with a trophy at the annual Spring Meeting, held each March in conjunction with the Texas State Historical Association Annual Meeting. A chapter may not recieve the award in two consecutive years.
College Chapter of the Year Recipients:
2013 - Northeast Texas Community College
2012 - Lee College
University Chapter of the Year Recipients:
2013 Lamar University
2012 - University of Houston - Downtown
For more information on the Webb Society Chapter of the Year Awards or on how to start a Webb Society Chapter, contact the
Educational Services Division.