Abe, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: November 1, 1994


Abe was a rural community five miles southwest of Lovelady in southwestern Houston County. The site was settled in the mid-1880s. A post office operated there in 1887 and 1888. At that time Abe had a store, a mill and gin, and a number of houses. By the mid-1930s the community no longer appeared on highway maps.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Abe, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 23, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/abe-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

November 1, 1994

Loading