Aberdeen was twelve miles northwest of Castroville on Quihi Creek in north central Medina County. Around 1858 J. C. Reid, a traveler who left a journal called "Reid's Tramp," noted two grocery stores and three residents in Aberdeen. The grocery stores, which also served liquor, were used by the community members as places to socialize. Reid recalled in his journal that the surrounding fields appeared to yield good corn. The exact location of Aberdeen and its development beyond that described in Reid's journal are unknown.