Ada, six miles southeast of Lometa on School Creek in central Lampasas County, was settled in 1875. A post office was established there in 1878, and the town was named for the daughter of William Malony, who became postmaster in 1880. Cotton was the chief product of this agricultural community. A Methodist church, a district school, a general store, and a population of twenty-five made up the settlement in 1885. The post office was discontinued in 1886, and no community center was reported in 1948. There have been no population listings for Ada since 1904.