Adair Normal School was a private school in Whitesboro, west central Grayson County. In 1894 C. L. and Noah Adair leased the building that previously was the home of the Shilow Baptist Institute. The two-story facility, constructed in 1889 at the corner of Main and College streets, housed the Adair Normal School for two years. During that time the Adairs attempted to establish a college-level academic institution. Enrollment and financial problems, however, led to the closing of the school in 1896.