Advance is a dispersed rural community near Farm Road 1885 sixteen miles northwest of Weatherford in northwest Parker County. In 1890 B. B. Barton, of Denton County, moved to Adell in Parker County. Four years later he opened a general store four miles northwest of Adell and encouraged Adell residents to move to his new community, which he named Advance. Postal service began in 1894. A cotton gin was erected, and by the late 1890s the new community had twenty residents. Postal service was discontinued in 1906.