Ady, on Farm Road 1061, is in a farming and ranching area south of the Canadian River in northwestern Potter County. The first settler in this vicinity was Agapito Sandoval, one of Casimero Romero's pastores, who located his family and sheep on Corsino Creek near the north bank of the Canadian. Ady, on the opposite bank, began as a switch on the Fort Worth and Denver City Railway in 1887. The Texas Sand and Gravel Pit was started here in 1941. In 1984 there was a cemetery at Ady but no community center or listed population.