Aldridge, TX (Angelina County)


By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: November 1, 1994


Aldridge was on the Neches River near Boykin Springs in southern Angelina County. The settlement was founded in 1903 by Rockland lumberman Hal Aldridge, who built a sawmill at the site. A local post office operated briefly in 1906. The sawmill closed in 1920 after most of the surrounding forest had been cut, and within a short time the town died.

Angelina County Historical Survey Committee, Land of the Little Angel: A History of Angelina County, Texas, ed. Bob Bowman (Lufkin, Texas: Lufkin Printing, 1976).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Aldridge, TX (Angelina County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 23, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/aldridge-tx-angelina-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

November 1, 1994

Place
Aldridge
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Angelina County