Allen's Chapel, on Farm Road 1396 thirteen miles northeast of Bonham in eastern Fannin County, is an offshoot of nearby Allen's Point. It served area farmers as a school and church community. In the 1950s the school district was consolidated with that of Honey Grove. The population of Allen's Chapel was forty-one in 2000.
Support Texas History Now
Join TSHA to support quality Texas history programs and receive exclusive benefits.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.
David Minor, “Allen's Chapel, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed October 28, 2020, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/allens-chapel-tx.
Published by the Texas State Historical Association.