Alligator Bayou


Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: November 1, 1994


Alligator Bayou originally rose three miles northwest of Port Arthur in eastern Jefferson County (at 29°58' N, 93°57' W) and flowed nine miles south to its mouth on Taylor's Bayou, two miles southwest of Port Arthur, at a point crossed by the Texas and New Orleans Railroad (at 29°52' N, 93°58' W). With the growth of the community, however, the creek is now part of an urban area and has been channeled and dammed in its upper and middle reaches.

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Anonymous, “Alligator Bayou,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 29, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/alligator-bayou.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
November 1, 1994