Allison was a farming community on Willis Creek near Granger in northeast Williamson County. The community, also called Old Friendship, was founded by Elihu Cresswell Allison in 1847. In 1878–80 the Conel post office was located in the community, and an Allison post office existed there from 1892 to 1894. A community school built around 1873 was enlarged in 1902 and served sixty-three pupils in 1903. The Woodmen of the World helped enlarge the building and used it for lodge meetings. In the late nineteenth century a store, a gin, and a church were located in the community, but all three were moved closer to the neighboring farm community of Friendship in the early twentieth century. Allison's decline was hastened by a flood in 1921 that destroyed the school and encouraged resettlement on the higher ground of Friendship. In 1948 Allison no longer appeared on county maps. In the 1950s, with the construction of Laneport Dam and the impoundment of Granger Lake, the site of the former community was inundated, and the Allison cemetery was removed to Granger.