Alum was just off State Highway 123 sixteen miles northeast of Floresville in northeastern Wilson County. The community was settled before 1900. In 1910 it reported a population of twenty-five. G. A. Burris operated a general store until about 1920. Maps of 1936 showed a rural school. In the early 1990s only a church and a few scattered houses remained.
Support Texas History Now
Join TSHA to support quality Texas history programs and receive exclusive benefits.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.
Christopher Long, “Alum, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed November 25, 2020, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/alum-tx.
Published by the Texas State Historical Association.