Amanda, also known as Olds, was on the Texas and New Orleans Railroad sixteen miles northwest of Brackettville in far west central Kinney County. The community was established in the 1880s as a rail supply point for Mexican sheep ranchers and named for Amanda Dignowity, wife of a prominent local landowner. A post office operated between 1888 and 1890; G. N. Farrar served as postmaster and railway agent. In 1890 Amanda had an estimated population of twenty-five and two general stores. The community appears to have been abandoned by 1909.