The Anachorema Indian village was visited by René Robert Cavelier, Sieur de La Salle, in 1687 and was located northeast of Fort St. Louis, possibly on the Colorado River.
Join TSHA to support quality Texas history programs and receive exclusive benefits.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.
Anonymous, “Anachorema Village,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed March 04, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/anachorema-village.
Published by the Texas State Historical Association.