Andice, also called Berry's Creek and Stapp, is at the intersection of Farm Roads 2338 and 970, five miles southwest of Florence in northwest Williamson County. The site was first settled by Joshua Stapp, who built a log structure to serve as a school and church in 1857. In 1876 Andrew Jackson, the proprietor of a small store on Berry Creek near the site of the future town, was appointed postmaster of theBerry's Creek post office, which continued in operation until 1879. When a local resident, Rev. William Isaac Newton, applied for a new post office in 1899 and suggested it be named after his son, Audice, postal officials misread the name as Andice and granted a post office under that name. White House School was built south of Andice before 1877 and had three teachers and 119 pupils in 1903. It was replaced by Andice School about 1925, and the latter was consolidated with the Florence school in 1967. Andice had 150 inhabitants in 1929. Its population peaked at 200 in 1931, when the town had ten businesses, then fell to fifty in 1933. In 1941 it was 190, and from 1970 until 1990 it remained stable at twenty-five. In 1973 Andice had two stores and two churches.