Annaville, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: November 1, 1994

Updated: March 16, 2018


Font size: A / A reset

Annaville was on State Highway 9 at Violet Road just southeast of Calallen in northern Nueces County. It was established in 1940 by Leo and Anna Stewart of Corpus Christi, who divided up their land into lots, opened a store, and named the site Annaville. An elementary school was opened; it later became part of the Calallen Independent School District. In 1952 the community had a reported population of 240 and twelve businesses. During the mid-1960s the area was annexed by Corpus Christi.

Nueces County Historical Society, History of Nueces County (Austin: Jenkins, 1972).

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Annaville, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 17, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/annaville-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

November 1, 1994
March 16, 2018

Loading