Anthony, TX (Bexar County)

By: Claudia Hazlewood

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: November 1, 1994


Anthony was on the Missouri, Kansas and Texas Railroad in the city limits of San Antonio, Bexar County; the site was six miles north of downtown, near the site of the Alamo Portland Cement Company. Anthony was established by the cement company after 1900 as a community for its employees. St. Anthony's Shrine was erected there by Peter M. Baque in 1931. The church for the settlement was called St. Peter, Prince of Apostles, and had a parish school.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Claudia Hazlewood, “Anthony, TX (Bexar County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed December 03, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/anthony-tx-bexar-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
November 1, 1994

Loading