Antioch Church, TX


By: Chris Cravens

Type: General Entry

Published: November 1, 1994


Antioch Church is on Hayes Branch one mile east of Luna in southwest Freestone County. The community had a cemetery, founded in the late 1860s; the earliest death date marked on a grave is 1880. In the 1960s the church and cemetery were still at the site.

Freestone County Historical Commission, Freestone County Cemeteries, Vol. 1 (1976).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Chris Cravens, “Antioch Church, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 21, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/antioch-church-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

November 1, 1994

Place
Antioch Church
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1372310
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Freestone County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 31.54933930°
  • Longitude: -96.19996950°