Antioch, TX (Van Zandt County)


By: Diana J. Kleiner

Type: General Entry

Published: November 1, 1994


Antioch was ten miles northeast of Canton in northeast Van Zandt County. By 1890 it had a school that reached an enrollment of sixty-two in 1905 and was consolidated with the Grand Saline Independent School District by the 1950s. In 1936 a school and church remained at the site, but by 1965 the community had disappeared.

Mary E. Valandingham, Early Scholastic Records for Van Zandt County (Center, Texas, 1968).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Diana J. Kleiner, “Antioch, TX (Van Zandt County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 29, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/antioch-tx-van-zandt-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

November 1, 1994

Place
Antioch
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Van Zandt County