Arbor Grove, ten miles east of Crockett on Farm Road 232 in southeastern Houston County, was established before 1900. A post office operated there under the name Arbor between 1901 and 1906. In the mid-1930s the community comprised a church and a number of houses. After World War II many of the residents moved away, and by the early 1990s only the church and a few houses remained.
Support Texas History Now
Join TSHA to support quality Texas history programs and receive exclusive benefits.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.
Christopher Long, “Arbor Grove, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed October 31, 2020, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/arbor-grove-tx.
Published by the Texas State Historical Association.