Arleston, TX


By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: November 1, 1994


Arleston was a post office community six miles northwest of Deberry in northeastern Panola County. It was probably established in the late 1870s. Its post office operated from 1881 until 1906, and in the early 1890s the settlement had two general stores, a cotton gin and mill, and an estimated population of thirty. By the mid-1930s Arleston no longer appeared on highway maps.

John Barnette Sanders, Postoffices and Post Masters of Panola County, Texas, 1845–1930 (Center, Texas, 1964).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Arleston, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 18, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/arleston-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

November 1, 1994

Place
Arleston
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Panola County
Associated Names

Sunny Point