Arno, TX


By: Julia Cauble Smith

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: November 1, 1994


Arno is one mile west of the Pecos River on State Highway 302 and the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway in northeastern Reeves County. The settlement began as one of many promotional townsites in the county early in the twentieth century. An Arno post office was operated from 1907 until 1915; Ola Solman was postmistress. The community had a population of ten and one business in the 1930s. From 1945 until 1949 the population was reported as twenty. By 1950 no population was reported.

Alton Hughes, Pecos: A History of the Pioneer West (Seagraves, Texas: Pioneer, 1978). Romantic Old Odessa (Odessa: Permian Historical Society, 1962).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Julia Cauble Smith, “Arno, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 29, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/arno-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
November 1, 1994

Place
Arno
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1379365
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Reeves County
Associated Names

-Valley

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 31.66318520°
  • Longitude: -103.63601520°