Bachman was on Bachman Branch at a site now adjacent to Bachman Lake on Loop 12, U.S. Interstate 35, and State Highway 354, at the northern edge of Love Field in central Dallas County. It was located at the intersections of the original land grants of Miles Bennett and Dickerson Parker. The area was settled and named for the John B. and William F. Bachman families, who settled in 1845 on Brownings Branch, a tributary of the Trinity River. The creek was later renamed Bachman Branch in their honor. According to some sources the first camp meeting held in Dallas County in 1845 was near the Missouri, Kansas and Texas crossing of the stream. The area is now the site of Bachman Lake, dammed in 1903, and Bachman Park, a family recreation facility.