Badger, TX


By: Charles G. Davis

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: November 1, 1994


Badger was located on the Missouri Pacific Railroad northeast of the present Judkins switch in south central Ector County. The station was established on the Texas and Pacific Railway in 1926, and the settlement profited from an oil boom in the late 1920s. Its population reached 200 before falling off to forty by 1940. A permanent community never developed, and only a depot and one supply house were built. In 1980 county maps showed no evidence of the former station.

Finas Wade Horton, A History of Ector County, Texas (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1950).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Charles G. Davis, “Badger, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 19, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/badger-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
November 1, 1994

Place
Badger
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1377967
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Ector County
Associated Names

Penwell

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 31.72901770°
  • Longitude: -102.61431340°