Baileyboro, TX


Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: November 1, 1994


Baileyboro, on Farm Road 298 in south central Bailey County, was settled around 1900. In 1921 the community built a school. Muleshoe National Wildlife Refuge, a migratory bird refuge, was established in 1935 southwest of Baileyboro. In 1940 the community had three stores, a school, and a population of 100, which was its peak. In 1980 the population was sixty-one.

LaVonne McKillip, ed., Early Bailey County History (Muleshoe, Texas, 1978).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Anonymous, “Baileyboro, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 22, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/baileyboro-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
November 1, 1994

Place
Baileyboro
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1379378
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Bailey County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 34.02675210°
  • Longitude: -102.81966150°