Barbarosa (Barbarossa) is ten miles north of Seguin on Farm Road 758 and Alligator Creek in northwestern Guadalupe County. The area was settled soon after the Civil War by German immigrants and was probably named in honor of Holy Roman Emperor Frederick Barbarossa. A post office opened at Barbarosa on July 6, 1900, but closed on October 15 of the same year. The population was thirty in 1933 and rose to seventy-five by 1941. During World War II an auxiliary airfield established in the vicinity was called Barbarosa Air Field. Two businesses and several houses appeared on the 1946 county highway map. In 1990 and 2000 twenty-five residents were reported.