Barnett Branch


Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: November 1, 1994


Barnett Branch rises three miles northwest of Click in southern Llano County (at 30°36' N, 98°35' W) and runs southeast for five miles to its mouth on Sandy Creek, a mile southeast of Click (at 30°33' N, 98°34' W). It crosses rolling to steep slopes surfaced by shallow, stony soils that support oak, mesquite, scrub brush, cacti, and grasses. The creek was probably named for James Finley Barnett, who settled in the area in 1857.

Martha Gilliland Long, ed., Llano County Family Album: A History (1989).

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Anonymous, “Barnett Branch,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 21, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/barnett-branch.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
November 1, 1994