Bayview, TX


By: Diana J. Kleiner

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: November 1, 1994


Bayview was a row of houses and scattered dwellings on Galveston Bay north of present Farm Road 646 and east of State Highway 146, between Kemah and Clifton-by-the-Sea in northwest Galveston County. A post office operated there from 1902 until 1913, when mail was rerouted to Kemah. The community appeared on state highway maps as late as 1937. After 1936 the settlement was taken in by the adjacent communities of Kemah and Bacliff.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Diana J. Kleiner, “Bayview, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 28, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/bayview-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
November 1, 1994

Place
Bayview
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Galveston County
Associated Names

Bay View

Saxeton Shores