Behring Store, TX


By: Willie Mae Weinert

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: November 1, 1994


Behring Store, seven miles east of Seguin on a road that later became U.S. Highway 90A in eastern Guadalupe County, was built in 1913 by Henry Behring, who had immigrated from Germany in 1872. Earlier settlers in the area had come from the southern United States shortly after the Texas Revolution. Three miles west of the store is the site of the battle of Plum Creek. Three miles east is a well-preserved rock house that was a stage stand at a pre-Civil War racetrack. The Behring Store community had three businesses, several houses, and a population of twenty in 1946. There was no evidence of the community in 1987 maps.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Willie Mae Weinert, “Behring Store, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 22, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/behring-store-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
November 1, 1994

Place
Behring Store
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Guadalupe County