Bell Branch, TX (Ellis County)


By: Lisa C. Maxwell

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: November 1, 1994


Bell Branch was just west of Farm Road 876 on Bell Branch, ten miles southwest of Waxahachie in southwestern Ellis County. Bell Branch Lake was built as a water reservoir for the International-Great Northern Railroad when it came through the community in 1903, but by the 1950s the area surrounding the lake was used as a private country club. In the 1930s and 1940s the community was in a cattle-raising area and had a population of twenty and one business. In 1980 Bell Branch was still listed as a community. In 2000 the population was twenty.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Lisa C. Maxwell, “Bell Branch, TX (Ellis County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 28, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/bell-branch-tx-ellis-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
November 1, 1994

Place
Bell Branch
Currently Exists
Yes
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1377983
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Ellis County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 32.24348040°
  • Longitude: -96.92555410°
Population Counts
People Year
125 2009