Bell Hollow


Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: November 1, 1994


Bell Hollow begins two miles northwest of Brokeleg Mountain in southeastern Sutton County (at 30°33' N, 100°11' W) and runs southeast for three miles to its mouth on the North Llano River, just east of the site of old Camp Allison (at 30°29' N, 100°09' W). The surrounding gently rolling limestone terrain of the western Edwards Plateau is surfaced with loams broken by rock outcrops. Range grasses and scattered small stands of oak, juniper, and mesquite grow in the area.

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Anonymous, “Bell Hollow,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 22, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/bell-hollow.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
November 1, 1994