Bennett, TX (Yoakum County)


Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: November 1, 1994


Bennett was a ranch community six miles northeast of Denver City in Yoakum County. It developed as an oilfield-supply center after the discovery of oil in 1936. At that time there was a church in Bennett, but the post office was in Denver City. In 1948 Bennett had a school and a few businesses, but by 1964 the town no longer appeared on maps.

Vertical Files, Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, University of Texas at Austin. Yoakum County Historical Commission, Yoakum County (Dallas: Taylor, 1985).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Anonymous, “Bennett, TX (Yoakum County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 28, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/bennett-tx-yoakum-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
November 1, 1994

Place
Bennett
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Yoakum County