Berry Hill, TX


By: Mark Odintz

Type: General Entry

Published: 1976

Updated: November 1, 1994


Berry Hill is on a country road just east of Farm Road 142 near the Ivy oilfield in the northwest corner of Shackelford County. In 1938 the Berry Hill school served thirty-nine pupils and three teachers, and in 1940, when it was identified as Bern Hill on county maps, the community had the school and scattered dwellings. Though the school had been consolidated with the Lueder school by the 1960s, the school building was still standing in 1985; the Berry Hill community was still identified on county maps in 1992.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Mark Odintz, “Berry Hill, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 25, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/berry-hill-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1976
November 1, 1994

Place
Berryhill
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
2034993
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Shackelford County
Associated Names

Berry Hill

Bern Hill

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 32.91455610°
  • Longitude: -99.57953050°