Berry's Creek, also known as Johnsonville, was on Berry Creek five miles northeast of Georgetown in central Williamson County. John Berry, one of the earliest settlers in the county, founded a gristmill on Berry Creek in 1846, on a league of land granted him by the Republic of Texas. By the 1860s the Berry grant was also the site of a store-tavern-stagecoach stop called Berry's Creek, and the scattered community also had, at various times, a blacksmith shop and a gin. The Berry's Creek school, also called Boatner's School, had forty-five pupils and one teacher in 1903. Swedish emigrants came to the area in the late nineteenth century and about 1915 built the Free Mission Evangelical Church. The community had a population of fifty and two businesses in 1941. The school was consolidated with the Georgetown district in 1949. In 1988, though the Texas Almanac still listed the community as having a population of fifty, Berry's Creek no longer appeared on the county map. A population of fifty was reported again in 1990. No population estimate was available in 2000.