Betsada, TX

By: Rachel Jenkins

Type: General Entry

Published: November 1, 1994


Betsada was probably near the eastern bank of Tres Palacios Bay four miles across the bay from what is now Palacios, in southwestern Matagorda County. In 1895 the community received a post office, and A. P. Logan was postmaster until it closed the following year. In 1896 Betsada, described in that year's Texas State Gazetteer and Business Directory as "a northern colony," reported a population of seventy-five. The community does not appear on more recent maps.

Matagorda County Historical Commission, Historic Matagorda County (3 vols., Houston: Armstrong, 1986).

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Rachel Jenkins, “Betsada, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed January 21, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/betsada-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

November 1, 1994

Loading