Beulah, TX (Johnson County)


By: David Minor

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: November 1, 1994


Beulah was on Mustang Creek eighteen miles northwest of Cleburne. Settlement of the site occurred in 1853. A post office operated there from 1882 until 1890. The population grew from thirty in 1885 to ninety-four in 1892. Area farmers raised and shipped livestock. Beulah was bypassed by the railroads and by 1910 was all but abandoned.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

David Minor, “Beulah, TX (Johnson County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 20, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/beulah-tx-johnson-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
November 1, 1994

Place
Beulah
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Johnson County
Associated Names

Mustang Creek