Beulah, TX (Lee County)

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: November 1, 1994


Beulah is six miles north of Lexington in extreme northern Lee County. The settlement flourished briefly around the turn of the century as a community center for the surrounding farms. A church and school were built there sometime before 1900 and, during the 1905–06 school year, enrolled twenty-two students. The community began to decline a short time later. By the mid-1930s it no longer appeared on state highway maps. In the 1980s only a cemetery marked the site.

Lee County Historical Survey Committee, A History of Lee County (Quanah, Texas: Nortex, 1974).

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Beulah, TX (Lee County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 25, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/beulah-tx-lee-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

November 1, 1994

Loading