Beverly, TX


By: Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl

Type: General Entry

Published: November 1, 1994


Beverly was on the Lampasas-to-Belton stage line midway between Copperas Cove and Killeen in southern Coryell County. Arthur Whipple Beverly, a local rancher, served as postmaster when a post office opened in 1875. The office was discontinued in 1883, and mail for the community was sent to Sugar Loaf. The site of Beverly became part of Fort Hood in the 1940s.

Coryell County Genealogical Society, Coryell County, Texas, Families, 1854–1985 (Dallas: Taylor, 1986). John J. Germann and Myron Janzen, Texas Post Offices by County (1986).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, “Beverly, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 21, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/beverly-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

November 1, 1994

Place
Beverly
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Coryell County