Biggers, TX


By: David Minor

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: November 1, 1994


Biggers was five miles east of the site of present McKinney in central Collin County. Settlement occurred sometime in the early 1890s, after the construction of the Biggers-Allen Mill in the late 1880s. By 1899 a general store and post office operated at the site with Wade Biggers as postmaster. The population of the settlement never exceeded twenty-five, however, and the post office closed in 1903. The community continued to exist until sometime in the early 1950s.

Roy Franklin Hall and Helen Gibbard Hall, Collin County: Pioneering in North Texas (Quanah, Texas: Nortex, 1975).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

David Minor, “Biggers, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 17, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/biggers-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
November 1, 1994

Place
Biggers
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
2034675
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Collin County
Associated Names

Lowry Crossing

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 33.19678270°
  • Longitude: -96.54665540°