Biggs, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: November 1, 1994


Biggs was 3½ miles northwest of Carthage in north central Panola County. It was established in the early 1880s and had a post office from 1884 to 1895, when the mail was rerouted through Delray. By the 1890s Biggs had two general stores, a gristmill, and a population of twenty-five. During the second decade of the twentieth century the settlement was dropped from maps.

John Barnette Sanders, Postoffices and Post Masters of Panola County, Texas, 1845–1930 (Center, Texas, 1964).

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Biggs, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 28, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/biggs-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

November 1, 1994

Loading